Friday, June 8, 2012

Homespun Linen napkins and placemats

Still trying to come up with an idea for some homespun placemats and napkins, I went into this great upholstery store here, called King Cotton.  They have an amazing bin of discontinued upholstery samples that you can purchase for $1.00 apiece.  Because the newlyweds are just starting a household, I thought that they could use a set of linen napkins, which would look very natural.  I bought 2 of each in coordinating fabrics.  Also, I bought a leftover floral linen yardage that was $10.00.  Now, off to the sewing machine. 

Most importantly, I washed them in warm water to avoid shrinkage after use.  Now, the bride can wash them again and again in warm water.

I wanted to get 4 placemats and napkins out of this material.  The front of all the placemats would be the floral pattern along with the napkins.  The back would be the two rustic linen tweeds.  Here is how they turned out.


Finally, I wrapped the gift  in brown paper and added a burlap ribbon with a bit of lace.


To welcome our newest family member(the bride), I attached a tag with a picture of her soon to be husband's great grandparents on their wedding day.  And the family continues........

                                               
                                             And the gift ready for presentation.


                                               May they have many happy days ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment