Sunday, March 24, 2019

'NAPLES' FINE CHINA MOSAIC CROSS

This is one of those spur of the moment projects.  I promised my sister that I would make a blue and white china mosaic cross for her updated bedroom.  Meanwhile, last year a friend approached me about broken china.  Her buffet shelves gave out around Christmas and she lost most of her good china.  I told her at the time that she had quite a few options.  One of them was a hanging wall cross.
Lo and behold, I couldn't find what I was looking for about 6 months.
  Hobby Lobby carried these and I bought 2 with a coupon.




Outside the weather was balmy and about 70 degrees.  I decided to take advantage of that and smash china.  In the following picture, you will see the china pattern that I will be using.  It is called Naples.  You know how very fond I am of the colors silver and gray.



Spray priming them was a breeze.  


The designing stage takes much longer.  Since the china had a slender silver band around the plates, I used that as the ends of the cross.  The middle was just filled in with the white and silver pattern.


Once I had my ends temporarily placed, I pulled out my tile adhesive and filled the cross.


The cross still isn't finished and I need to let the adhesive dry before I can grout.











No comments:

Post a Comment