Tuesday, November 12, 2019

MOSAIC AUCTION CABINET DOOR PROJECTS 2019 PREP



It's that time of year again to create auction projects.  This year, I decided to make the projects because a.) I had the cabinet doors I needed-they were free, b.) I had the handles in my stash-they were free, c.) I have the mosaic china pieces on hand-free and d.) I already have the tile adhesive and grout.  The only materials I  don't have are the glass pieces to place over the mosaics.  That will be a minimal cost.  And to tell you the truth, it goes to great causes.

So, let's start with the cabinet doors.  These two were from the group of doors I received from my fireplace tiler.  They are in great condition.


The cabinet handles were originally from Hobby Lobby and were $7.99 a piece which I bought for
$1.40 on clearance.  I was thinking that they had an Oriental feel to their design, so I could use my blue and white Oriental mosaic chips.  Not sure if I will stay with that idea.




I asked Mr. Thrifty if he would drill the handle holes into the doors.  That honestly, is the hardest part.  Thanks to the Mr.!



Here is a close up of the handles.


I removed all the handles and set up a spray painting box.  Using my favorite Ultra II primer, I gave them a good once over coat.


One of my cabinet doors had a raised flaw, so I sanded it down, filled it with spackle and will let it dry overnight before I paint it.























































No comments:

Post a Comment