Sunday, June 14, 2015

EASY DOLLAR GENERAL TACO SALAD

Every holiday and birthday, my girls get in the act and buy me some unusual kitchen item.  This Christmas, my youngest daughter bought me a Tasty Tortilla pan that she bought at Dollar General for $1.00. 
 I make a point of making a meal with these special gifts that the girls buy for me.
 
This was an easy meal.
 
 
The nice thing about this pan is that you don't even need spray Pam to make the shell.  That saves some calories.
 
The pan has a special non-stick surface.
 
 
I used the large flour tortilla shells.

 
Simply press the tortilla into the pan.
 

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.  Bake each shell for 10 minutes.  The minute it comes out of the oven, you can remove the shell and repeat the process.
 
The great thing about these shells is that you can make them in advance.
 
Meanwhile, while at home cleaning out Mom's house last summer, I spied these beautiful Mexican serape table runners and napkins.  They were given to us by Mom's cousins from Albuquerque.  They are made from stunning colorful wool.  They would be the perfect backdrop for my Taco Salad dinner.




The day before I made a batch of chili.  Using my estate sale clear glass bowls at .50 cents a piece, I gathered all my ingredients into them.(except the lettuce)


I assembled them starting with the salad greens.  Fritos and Ranch salad dressing were served on the side.  When your dinner guest is almost finished, they can even break up the shell and eat it.

 
What an easy make ahead luncheon or dinner salad! My daughter was so pleased that I used her gift.  Nothing shows appreciation more than to pull out that special kitchen implement to make dinner.
 
    We will be having many more of these at our house.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment