Friday, April 6, 2018

PEONY AND CHERRY BLOSSOM WREATH 2018


When I found this wreath project on Randi Garrett's blog, I fell in love.  This project called for a larger wreath, so I downsized the materials and made a 18 inch wreath instead.


I posted this centerpiece back in April.  All I needed to do now is tear down the centerpiece to create this magnificent wreath.


The materials I used for my wreath consisted of an 18 inch grapevine wreath, 9 peonies(3 of each color--hot pink, light pink and white), 3 stems of cherry blossom stems, wire cutters and a ball of twine(for the hanger on the back).

My first step was to cut off the peony blossoms to 7 inch pieces.  You could use a hot glue gun to attach them to the wreath.  I just wove them inside the wreath.  This gave me leeway to pull them out and readjust them if need be.  I kept the leaves from the peonies just in case.



It didn't take long to place the peony blooms into the wreath.



The next step was inserting some of the leaf foliage between the peonies.





Then I inserted all of the cherry blossom stems using the majority on the top part of the wreath.

Once I was done, I cut a piece of twine and made a hanger through the twigs in the back of the wreath.



Once I was done, I hung it on the front door.


I did bring it inside to see how it would look up against the white headboard bench.



I think that this project is going to spur me on to paint
armoire in my room.  I think it would beautiful hanging against the door mirror on that piece of furniture.

I guess I have my work cut out for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment