Saturday, March 31, 2018

EASTER MANTLE 2018


As I ready the house for Easter this year, I created a simple mantle.

While bringing in a worn quilt with spring-like colors, a few cuttings from the forsythia bush outside, a vintage white distressed frame and a terrarium full of paper mache eggs with images of Easter completed the look.

How simple, but yet so delightful!


I placed my white, distressed frame on the mantle first.  Then, I filled the urn with the forsythia branches that I was hoping to force the blooming process.









Two days later and the blooms are bursting.

The paper mache eggs were placed in the terrarium.


As I was finishing up the auction quilt project, I looked over at the mantle and realized that my sister Terri was trying to tell me something.  Originally, I was going to put the quilted frame up for auction, but then I spied the empty shabby chic frame sitting on top of the quilt.  What if the paper quilt project could fit in this frame?  Hmmmmm

Well, it did.  Quickly, I popped the cardboard covered paper quilt into the frame.  I love it.  The quilt project brings so much more color into the mantle vignette.  
I suppose when I tire of the paper quilt, I can put it back into the original frame and auction it out. The great thing about this quilt is that it has glass in the frame, so you could use it as a dry erase board using markers.







I had to update the forsythia stems in the urn because all of the blooms were gone.  My youngest went on a hike last week and found a fallen red bed branch bursting with blooms.  She brought it home as a gift for me and I replaced the forsythia stems with the red bud stems.  I also filled the urn with water so I can keep the red bud ones longer.  The pink adds more vibrancy to the mantle.

Thanks Terri!

HAPPY EASTER

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete