Thursday, April 26, 2018

HERB GARDEN 2018

This year instead of putting my herbs up in the perennial bed, I put them in a window box outside the kitchen eat in area.  The first reason was that they were more easily accessible  for me while I was cooking.  The second, and probably more important reason was that the harsh sun up on the hill was too harsh for them.  If I forget to water them, they wilt more quickly.  I go out the back door numerous times every day and just adding a quick sprinkle will keep them growing better. 

I planted basil, Italian parsley, rosemary and mint. Using my vintage wicker window box planter kept the herbs level for easy watering.


Here, my garden boots are at the ready.


One of my sentimental favorites is Grandma's galvanized watering can.


Hopefully, without full sun all day, the herbs will thrive and prosper.


No comments:

Post a Comment