Monday, September 17, 2018

WILDFLOWER CENTERPIECES FOR WEDDING RECEPTION

























































One of my daughter's friends was married recently.  On their 'honeymoon', two of her friends went with them to climb Mount Rainier.  One of them was my daughter.  Though they had a wonderful time trekking up the mountain, it was a challenge.

When the couple returned, they had a reception. I volunteered to help the bride decorate for the reception.  Her theme was hiking and camping.  I pulled out a few of my vintage suitcases to start the juices flowing for our decorations.

When it got around to centerpieces, I mentioned that we could use wildflowers.  Because she was on a budget, I suggested uses soup cans as vases.  I pulled off the labels and glued birch wrapping paper around them.  Adding twine finished off the display.  I suggested wood slices to anchor the centerpieces.  The bride mentioned that an old tree had fallen on their property and her father made the slices for her.  The floral lady from church worked her magic and placed the flowers in the 'tin' cans.

The last touch was to add copies of vintage Mt. .Rainier posters on a flower  pick to the bouquet.

And this is the result....




The bride had 16 round tables, so at the end of the night, she told me I could take the flower arrangements.  One of our parishioners works with the boy scouts and asked me if she could have the tin cans.  Easily, these rustic cans would work for the scouts and I was going to throw them away.  So, I brought them home and filled my mantle and a vintage basket with the cans.















It was wonderful to have a room bursting with blooms for a few extra days.

Just goes to show, what you can do on a budget!





No comments:

Post a Comment