Saturday, September 1, 2018

FAMIILY BRIDAL SHOWER


Another  family wedding is upon us and I realized that I never posted about the bridal shower that the girls in the family gave Megan.




The inspiration came from one of Megan's favorite colors-which morphed into Tiffany blue.  That was all I needed to get onto the planning for this family event.  We set the date in order to have most of the girls attend.  Last Thanksgiving, we came together to celebrate Megan and her upcoming marriage to Andrew.  The day was full of activities.  Thanksgiving morning, we had the shower and that afternoon, we held Thanksgiving dinner at a room at the hotel.




I wanted to have an elegant shower presentation.  First of all, I couldn't have done this shower without my sister Karen, who allowed us to use her beautiful home for the shower. Also, since I was coming from out of town, my sister, Sharon helped too.








My youngest daughter came up with the idea of draping the pearl strands into the chandelier.







Thoughts of Audrey Hepburn brought to mind pearls, Tiffany blue and silver.  All accents incorporated these accents.



The menu was placed in a beautiful pearl and rhinestones encrusted frame.


I tried to come up with a favor for the shower.  I found these cute Hershey bar wrappers in the Tiffany color.  On the back, the wedding date was printed.  The silver paper dessert plates added to our Parisian glamour.


For dessert, Megan requested cheesecake, so we had a 3 tiered display of various types of cheesecake.



Another picture of the dessert sideboard.



A plate of mini quiches, fruit kabobs and cinnamon mini rolls was just the right amount of food for a bridal brunch.



I must stop and share with you the amazing talent of my sister-in-law, Debi who created these gorgeous floral centerpieces. Isn't this one beautiful?



And finally, our happy bride to be!



No comments:

Post a Comment