Friday, September 25, 2020

UPDATED ARCHED WINDOW FRAME 2020



I picked up this arched window frame at a Vintage Market sale.  I loved the structure, but not the finish.  In order to make it look vintage, they painted layers of mustard, rust and white paint. I  really disliked the rust and mustard paint.  I lived with it for about 2 years and then decided to clean it up, so I sanded all the paint off.  It took about 6 hours of sanding but I think the final result looks so much better.




This is the result of a days sanding.

 
On the second day, I finished the sanding.


I liked the bleached wood effect is much cleaner.


I believe this updated frame will find a place in my new craft room.


I still need to find some vintage book pages, postcards or old family photos to add to the cross bars in the frame.  It will be a work in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment