Tuesday, March 23, 2021

VOLTAIRE PRINT AND REWORKED VINTAGE MIRROR

 I bought the following 2 items at the same sale.  Each cost $25.00, which I thought was a steal.

The first item was a 3 part vintage mirror frame that was in 3 pieces. 


It consisted of a vintage outer frame, with a orange corduroy fabric covered middle section.  The orange color was awful!  Besides that, the material was loose all over.  I used Elmer's glue and secured it to the base. 


I painted the corduroy an elephant grey and then touched the cords with some gold guiding paste.


All three pieces were put back together. Enter Mr. Thrifty. 




I think it turned out great.

Enter Mr. Thrifty who had to brace all 3 pieces together.  See pictures.

First, he had to make all the braces using the vice. He is amazing!













And then something interesting happened.  Before hanging it, I turned it over and in the outer vintage frame, the name Werner was written in pencil on the back. Could this have been Werner Von Braun’s-   a favorite Huntsvillian?  I called the estate sale and asked.  They did not know. Anyway, it was fun to think about it.




The second one was a print by Voltaire. I loved the frame and it goes well in my Frenchy guest room.






So, for $50.00, I have a spectacular vintage mirror and a beautiful framed print. Not too bad for one estate sale.
With spring coming, there are multiple estate sale companies  here.  I could go to estate sales 5 days a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment