Sunday, June 24, 2012

Memory Ornaments

I have seen this idea on other blogs and wanted to try my hand at it.  To wrap a wedding present and attach this ornament to the ribbons would be a delightful surprise.

However, in the case, a dear friend had just given birth and I wanted to make a memory ornament for her baby.

First, I printed out the name, birth date, height, weight, parents names, and siblings' names on a piece of dusty blue toile scrapbook paper.  Using the paper trimmer, I cut the details into  tiny slips of paper.  Next, taking a pencil, I twirled the slips around it and curled them.  The last step was inserting the curled slips into the large glass ornament.  I wanted to find the large, glass, iridescent ones, but could only find the regular large glass ornaments.

On other blogs, it suggests wedding invitations that normally are made out of card stock.  Whether the card stock works better with the curling around the pencil than normal scrapbook paper, I don't know.  The next time I make this project, I will print on card stock.  I will report back on the results.



    I pulled out my glitter adhesive alphabet and put 2011 for the birth year on the front of the ornament.


Adding a satin bow finished the memory ornament.  A sweet baby card completes the gift.

You could also make birthday, wedding or even  anniversary memory ornaments using the same techniques.

No comments:

Post a Comment