Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The Happy Couple

When the bride and groom topper was complete, I began building the table top centerpiece for June.

When we were married, my brother and sister-in-law gave us a beautiful set of champagne Waterford goblets.  I had also acquired over the years, a small church like terrarium that could serve as a chapel.
Here was my first attempt at staging.


Something was lacking.  My next attempt was to take a silver plated cupcake stand, a glass dome and my ring bearer's pillow that my sister-in-law made for us (Earlier blog) to compile a scene. As much as I loved the wooden church, I was missing too much of the couple. 


On my last attempt, I pulled out my clearance silver plated cake stand and my ivory silk roses.  This was set out on a beautiful dotted Swiss voile tablecloth that was given as a present.  The wooden church was returned back to the staging.



It is so easy to manipulate a themed centerpiece.  Moving items in your staging gives you an entirely different visual picture.  Try using a library table or buffet instead of the dining room table to feature your scene.  In this case, the cake base was too wide for either one, so it was back to the table for the display.
 The bride and groom placed inside the chapel just invites the eye to peek in on their happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment