Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Summer fun and Patriotic Bench

I have blogged about the fun headboard bench that hubby helped me with.  Now, it is time to get a little bit of color on it for the 4th.


Because I love all things RED,  and it is July, this was my jumping off point.  Years ago, I was into red cherries, so I had accumulated lots of them.


                           This step stool resided in my grandmother's basement. I have painted it numerous times, but I still love the shabbiness.  The vintage towel used to hang over my kitchen window as a valance.  And the cherries---I still love them.  Adding the milk pitcher just added another layer of white.

                                       

                            An antique cherry decorated cake carrier was the next addition. 
                                      

                     I moved the step stool over to the headboard bench for added dimension.


Now, let's add red.  I had a bolster pillow that was taupe damask.  I pulled a kitchen towel out of the drawer and literally(and embarrassed to say) taped it with packing tape down the horizontal seam.  Using some leftover red and white twine held the towel in place on both ends.
                                                      




Now that adds a bit of color!  I placed a melamine patriotic plate behind the basket of cherries.
I have always loved this pattern and actually found 4 of them at Tuesday Mornings for $1.99 a piece.  Years ago you could find them in the  CS Post catalog.  Antique silver plate teaspoons fill the milk pitcher.



                                The 'cherry' on top of this vignette culminates with the flags. 


                                   I am ready for the fireworks!(Picture of vintage postcard).



                                                                                
                                                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment