Monday, November 24, 2014

CHRISTMAS COOKIE RECIPE COOKBOOK-PART 2

 
With the covers completed, it was time to work on the inserts.

I found a few of Grandma's original recipes. 


 
I began scanning, sizing and printing each recipe 2 times and trimming them.
  
I pulled my Christmas cookie recipes from my 2 cookbooks and found a pizzelle recipe that my Father-in-law likes.  I repeated the process.
 
 


After printing the copies of each recipe, they were trimmed to fit into the book.
 
I went back to my pad of Christmas papers and pulled 2 backgrounds of each so I could make the pages identical for the girls.


Each recipe was put on a background paper and an embellishment was added.  When this stage was completed, my pages looked like this.

 
 
I also added in my last year's Christmas cookie list.



Because the basis of the cookbook was to honor my Grandmother, I wrote a forward for the front of the cookbook.



A vintage picture of Grandma accompanied the page.



With all the recipe pages and forward completed, they were placed in the plastic sleeves.


Once placed in the book, the pages added much color to the project.


I hope the girls will treasure this gift of love passed down from 2 generations of their family



I am thrilled to have completed this act of love.  I'm sure my girls will continue to carry out the families Christmas traditions.  I hope they are surprised come Christmas morning.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment