Wednesday, July 8, 2015

PAINTING THE FOYER REPOSE GREY

After 5 years in this house, I was ready to paint.  Well, at least let me clarify that, have someone else paint.  I am so lucky to have Mr. Thrifty whom does a much better painting job than I do be willing to accommodate me.

Another reason that I wanted to paint was the original was flat.  I do not like flat paint.  I understand that is normally the cheapest, but you can't keep it clean.  Even finger prints that are clean will leave behind the oil when touched.  I was ready to go the eggshell or satin route.  After the painting was finished, I was very pleased with the results.

When we had the house built, the contractor painted the rooms the then neutral-mocha beige.  It was fine then, but I was ready for a change up.  I recall a conversation that I had with the Mr. back then and he said, 'let's wait 5 years'.  Ok, I was ready now.  If you hadn't noticed in my decorating the past few years, I always came back to grey.  I have scoured the blogs trying to find just the right color of grey.  Repose grey by Sherwin Williams was the winner.

 I will let you know that they do not have a color swatch for the repose grey, but they still have the formula in their computer system.  Don't be afraid to ask for it.

Here is the before picture in the foyer before painting.
 
 
The overall look after painting just one wall made me happy.  It appeared to be a nice contrast to the crown molding and baseboards done in high gloss white.
 
The grey really compliments the silver accents on the wall.  Look at the difference between the left side of the room and the right.  Clean, clean, clean!
 
 
The black accents show well too.
 
 
In the dining room, the mocha paint remains--for awhile.

 
What do you think?  Do you have the urge to paint a new neutral?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment