Tuesday, January 12, 2016

CLEANING WINDOWS IN THE WINTER

 
Because of our unseasonably cold weather in the South, I have been longing for the warmer days to reappear.  As I was looking out the window this morning, I realized something.  When the sun is not out and it is cold, it reminds me of the overcast days of winter growing up in Illinois.
 
The sun did appear, but at the same time, I realized how filthy the outside of my windows were on the house. 
 
 
Given that it feels like 36 degrees outside, I bounded outside with my glass cleaner and paper towels and hurriedly cleaned the top sashes of my windows looking out into the backyard. 
 

 
Now I will share with you that those 5 minutes of freezing cold were well worth the results.  The sun is shining in a bit clearer and the day can begin again.
 
If you are brave enough to conquer the cold just to have the sunlight come inside with you, get your window cleaner and towels now.  Do yourself a favor.  Bring the sunshine back in!
 
The emotional benefit is amazing.......
 


No comments:

Post a Comment