Monday, January 4, 2016

ADDING LACE TO AN ANN TAYLOR LOFT TOP

I had been looking for a particular top to wear with jeans for quite some time.  I really liked the look of lace peeking out underneath the hem of a casual top, but I haven't come across one that I like
while shopping.

While Christmas shopping for the girls, I came upon this Loft top at TJ Maxx.  I don't usually wear this color, but I loved the way it hung a bit lose at the bottom.





I had some wide lace ribbon in my bin that I was anxious to use.  It is so pretty and very dainty.



I also found this piece of ruffled lace that I liked even better.


Basically all I did was to sew this lace on the underneath hem of the top.  Here is the top before adding the lace.
 


And here is the top finished in under 20 minutes.



You can do this with any top with a lose bottom. 
Easy peasy is what I call this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment