Thursday, October 13, 2016

AUTUMN HUTCH 2016


After having this hutch for 7 years, I had never decorated the inside with seasonal decorations.  I decided to try my luck at bringing more color into the hutch for this fall.

The first job was to clear out all the extra plates and pieces that were making the shelves crowded.




One of the crucial pieces that I wanted to use was a blue and white porcelain in the shape of a pumpkin.  When I originally spotted this at an estate auction, I scarfed it up.  I just couldn't figure out how to incorporate it into my decorating. This would be the first piece I would place in the hutch.






To add color, I pulled out my faux(fake) pumpkins.  I gathered various squash and arranged them on a Polish Pottery rectangular casserole.



I have always found that when decorating with the blue and white pottery, the orange compliments well.



Adding some corn husks with Indian corn and a vintage seed box to the top of the hutch carried the theme throughout.



The only thing missing is the scent of Autumn.  A baked apple cobbler with cinnamon  fresh out of the oven will do the trick.

Add a bit of seasonal color into your home and enjoy fall.


No comments:

Post a Comment