Monday, November 21, 2016

TRANSPLANTING HENS AND CHICKS


A good friend of mine gifted me with a bunch of hens and chickens from her garden back in August.  I was thrilled because I wanted to put them in my perennial garden out back.


I knew that it would not be wise to plant them now with the winter season coming, so I had to figure out what type of vessel to put them in to keep them inside until next spring.  I pulled out two tray like pieces.  I really wanted to use the silver plated tray, but then realized that it would be difficult to keep it polished until then.  I turned toward the cut glass vegetable tray and decided that this would be better.  This is one of those pieces that I picked up at an estate sale for next to nothing ages ago.



I have learned something about watering succulents since I have received them.  I saw on Pinterest that it is wiser to spritz them every day rather than watering them and drowning them.  It seems to be working.



I don't know how fast they will grow and expand so I will just keep on eye and them and see what happens before next spring.


They do add a bit of greenery in the house in the cold winters.  Stay tuned for next spring to see how the plants do.


No comments:

Post a Comment