Friday, April 21, 2017

THE WREATH THAT BECAME A CENTERPIECE...FOR NOW


I was inspired by a blog posting that shared a peonies and cherry blossoms wreath.  It was gorgeous!


















I went to Michael's that was just  happening to have a 40% off spring blooms sale and purchased the blooms in order to copy the wreath.

See photo.

















But when I returned home and looked at my silver plated champagne bucket, I changed my mind--for now.

It was nice to have some flower foam upstairs, so I cut a piece to fit into the bottom of the bucket.

The hardest part of this whole project was cutting the stems down.  Using a cutting board and my largest serrated knife, I began.  Once I had all the blooms cut, I began by placing the cherry blossoms in the middle.  Since they had much more height than the peonies, I secured the three branches with a rubber band near the bottom.

Alternating the hot pink, light pink and white peonies, I placed them around the cherry blossoms.


This makes a nice Easter foyer display.



An added touch was to pull my decoupage eggs and place them on pink Easter basket filling into the 5 small gilded urns that I had stored in my buffet.


I must admit, the pinks blend so well with the fabulous  grey hallway. 




My small Grecian silvered urns served with decoupage Easter eggs. 


























Something was missing....






The raspberry pink sitting chair from the bedroom was brought out to compliment the floral arrangement.



All that was needed was to ready the table for our Easter dinner.  I took the Grecian urns and replaced the decoupage eggs with  malted milk eggs.  What nice table favors for my guests!

The basket weave basket came from my Mom's things.  I think it was a wedding present.  It goes so well with my dishes, and Lenox rabbit candlesticks.


I added a vintage gold mirror to place the candlesticks and glass egg.  I bought that egg from a fine arts sale with my sister Terri.  We both bought one.  I still love the pretty pink and light blue pastels in the finish.





favors...














The house is now ready for our Easter celebration.

After Easter, I am going to pull the centerpiece apart and make the wreath to hang on the door for the summer.






























No comments:

Post a Comment