Tuesday, December 17, 2013

SILVERED GIFT PACKAGES AND REVERSIBLE TREE SKIRT


I love wrapping presents.  Anyone can make an ordinary present look spectacular using clearance Christmas trims, stickers and ribbons.  In the next picture, I bought a stack of 100 vintage circular doilies at an estate sale in the 80's for $.50.  I still use these doilies to accent presents.


 
I only buy silver or light blue wrapping paper in the clearance bin.  The most beautiful foil papers turn a box into something regal.



I also use ornaments as a fob tied in the Christmas ribbon.

 
I never tire of this wintry look.
 
 


Once placed under the tree, the cast of the sparkles thrown off by the Christmas tree lights is mesmerizing.

 
It is more of a challenge to use a theme even in wrapping your packages, but it is exciting to keep with the theme.
 
Try your hand at using a color theme this Christmas.
 
 
When cleaning up the trimmings from the Christmas gift, I always recycle them for the next year.  I have such a stock of silver wrapping paper that the easy adornments can be added in combination the following year.
 
When one of my older sisters Sharon sewed a tree skirt for me years ago, I loved it and  used it every year.  It was made with the beautiful reds and greens of the holiday spirit.  I wanted to try my own hand at making a skirt last year.
 
  No pattern necessary.  I bought two cream fabrics: one a plush soft and the other a damask.  Put the right sides together and sew the seams.  Flip inside out and attach the lace.
 
 
Now, I have two different looks using my two tree skirts.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment