Friday, September 15, 2017

MAKING A LETTUCE BAG


I came up with this wonderful idea after visiting my friend Mary.  While we visited her house for a Sunday meal, I noticed a linen towel bag that held her previously cleaned lettuce leaves.  After inquiring about the sack, she explained that the lettuce stayed fresher that way.

So the next day at home, I decided to sew up a few of the bags myself.  I bought a package of three linen towels and washed and dried them.

The first thing I did was to cut the towel in half lengthwise.  Then I folded it as you see in the picture, turned it inside up and sewed the two sides.  Notice the flap on the right size.  This will fold after inserting my cleaned lettuce leaves.








This was a quick 10 minute easy sewing project.  In the long run, it will save me money keeping my lettuce fresher.

No comments:

Post a Comment