Monday, September 25, 2017

REFRESHING THE BEDROOM WITH HINTING BLUE PAINT





Now that one of our girls is off to college year round, it was time to give the room a bit of a refresh.
I knew that I wanted a retreat for visitors traveling here and froe.  I also wanted to give it a bed and breakfast feel even though it isn't very large.
I pulled a few pictures and vintage mirrors from my collections to use in the room.  At this point, I'm thinking of possibly changing up some of the frames, but I need to let that simmer for a bit.


I also wanted to bring in my updated luggage rack not necessarily to be used with suitcases, but because it was the right color and it could serve as an additional tray to put things.



I think that for a long time I have loved the calming, soothing color of pale blue, so it was an easy choice to bring in the updated drum table with 2 chairs for sipping a cup of coffee in the morning.


And finally, here is a swatch of my color choice.  I think that the Hinting Blue paint will set off the white crown molding.


This dresser, which I redid ages ago needs a freshening up also.  The stain bled through, so it's time to clean it back up.

I can't decide about the bookcase, but for now it will stay in the room. 


I purchased this cross ages ago, but I thought that it would compliment the updated room.
The bedside table that I would use is the one their Dad made them for Christmas 10 years ago.  The white, shabby look is perfect for the new guest room.















Every other day or so, I go into add special touches to the still unpainted room.










I honestly can't tell you how soon we(because I can't finish a job without Mr. Thrifty) will have the reveal because this has been a very busy time for him. 

I promise you, it will be worth the wait.  Why don't you think of refreshing one of your rooms?  Paint is an easy fix--that is if you have a painter on hand.










No comments:

Post a Comment