Tuesday, September 5, 2017

ORIENTAL PORCELAIN MANTLE 2017


I love to use my Oriental porcelain anytime I can in my decorating.  This year, the mantle is full of treasures that I have acquired.

The first piece I placed on the mantle was my vintage birdcage that I received from a dear friend. I gathered some of the smaller pieces to insert into the cavity of the birdcage.


A ginger jar, a planter and a vase anchored the left side of the mantle.



A large jar holding dried tiger lily stems sits on the floor to give some balance.  You will notice that I added our West Point plate(which isn't Oriental) and another vase by the mantle clock.





The plant is placed in the perfect spot to get the morning sun.



I would be happy to leave this mantle up until Christmas.  You might just see some pumpkins pop up in the fall.  The oranges and deep blue marry so well together.


No comments:

Post a Comment