Thursday, November 16, 2017

ACCENT TOILE PILLOW FOR GUEST ROOM





I have always been found of toile fabrics, but only the ones that had color in the background.  This beautiful Fragonard print was used in the girls' room when they were younger.





This second toile was a beautiful pattern that I upholstered onto two small chairs that I bought at the Hanscom thrift shop back in 2001.





I love the soft blue-grey subtly cool color.  However, when I purchased the fabric, it had small white bleach spots.  I'm sure this is a defect in the fabric so I just work around it.  Today, I would have sent it back and requested more material.  Live and let learn. 




I just eyeballed this cutting.  I wanted to make an envelope pillow, so I just went for it.  Laying the pillow form on the material, avoiding the white spots and proceeded to sew.



In order to add a bit of pizzazz, I pulled a beautiful white satin accordion ribbon that I had in safekeeping upstairs. 


After turning the material over, I sewed the trim to the underside of the flap.



My rectangular piece now had all the sides turned under and sewn with a top seam.



Next, I folded right sides together to all for the flap and sewed the edges.



Finally, I turned the fabric inside out and inserted the pillow form.




This accent pulls gives a bit of color to the white matelassé bedspread and pillow forms.



Just a few more finishing touches. I moved the lamp from the bedside table to the dresser.


I purchased a  lamp from Target. I really like the quality of the lamp and shade.



I moved the side table from the Great Room into the room for the other side of the bed.


And the room is complete with no time to spare.  Our college girl is arriving home tomorrow.  I hope she likes the new take on her bedroom!

 You might not have noticed, but one of the paintings hanging on the right wall hung in our dining room growing up.  The picture on the right is of the  Impressionist era and shows a table with a chair just like the table and chairs placed in front of the bed.  I think Mom would have liked to spend time in this guest room.



A calm and peaceful retreat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment