Monday, November 20, 2017

PAINTING THE GUEST BEDROOM











I was anxious to start repainting the bedrooms since we had the 'contractor' paint on the walls in the majority of the house. Mr. Thrifty has already painted the parlor bath, the foyer, dining room and great room.

This is the first bedroom painted in the house.  I was hoping to give the room a very relaxing feel.

At first, I picked the pictures and mirrors that I wanted to incorporate into this room.


I thought it would be a great idea to place the upcycled luggage rack with the woven tray.



The round drum table with matching chairs was a great addition to have guests sit and have morning coffee.



Hinting Blue from Sherwin Williams was the color I picked for the walls.  I try to wait until they have a 30% sale before I purchase paint.  Their sales usually come around Memorial Day and Labor Day.  I actually purchased this paint in May just awaiting some time before Mr. Thrifty could paint.



I wanted to keep the dresser in the room, but after the stain bled through, I knew that I would eventually have to refinish it.  This time I think I will try to change out the handles.



I can't quite decide if I am going to keep the mdf bookcase in the room or not.  Reading material for guests would be nice but the room isn't that large, so I might for go this piece.



I bought this cross years ago and the soft coloring would go well in the room.



This bedside table that Mr. Thrifty made for our daughter for Christmas many moons ago would be a great accent piece.



I find it interesting that over all the years, I tend to paint or refinish my pieces in stark white and light blue.  All the pieces are finally coming together.



So here is the room stripped, ready to be taped.




Holes are filled and sanded.





The newly painted room looks perfect.  The color dried darker than expected, but just wait and see.






































I bought a nice matelassé bedspread and pillow covers.








\
Doesn't this look relaxing and soothing?


Even Biscotti, our dog blends well in the room.



He also happens to be the guard dog that regularly sleeps outside the room to protect our borders.

When all the painting projects are done, I will show you.  Hopefully, it won't be too long.  I promise, it will be done by Thanksgiving.








No comments:

Post a Comment