Friday, August 17, 2018

CHINESE MOSAIC CROSS




A friend of mine stopped me and asked me if I knew anything about mosaics.  I had to laugh, since it is one of my signature projects.  Apparently, over Christmas, her buffet shelves had broken and all of her china service had shattered.  She was wanting to know how to make mosaic crosses to use for future auction projects.  I told her I would ready my supplies and she could come over and I would teach her how to go about making her mosaic treasures.

Since it was right before Easter, I picked up two resin crosses at Walmart for $2.48 and primed both of them.  I had wanted to make another larger Chinese blue mosaic cross since the last one was a present to my Mom, because she loved all things blue.

 I got out my adhesive and created a blue cross out of one of the crosses.



Now, when she is ready to come over to make her mosaics, I have one to show her how to glue the china pieces to the cross.  The second one is the Chinese blue mosaics that she can grout so she has both processes down before she returns home to begin her own.

I'll let you know how the lessons go later.

The lessons went well.

Here is the finished grouted cross.




No comments:

Post a Comment