Wednesday, May 29, 2019

BROKEN FRAME AND PAPER QUILT AUCTION PROJECT 2



I originally made this same project a few years ago, but I couldn't part with it. On a trip to Hobby Lobby, I found a similar frame.  Since it was half price, I didn't mind spending $20.00 on it.





I liked all of the detail.




As I was placing the frame in the car, I noticed a gash out of the side.  I marched back in the store to exchange it but no other frames like this remained.  I approached the supervisor of the framing department and asked her if she could give me a better deal on this damaged frame.  I was thrilled to walk away with a cost of $9.99, which meant I got a refund of $10.00.  I also purchased glass to fit into the frame.




I returned home and pulled out my spackling compound and slapped a bunch on the hole.  The next day, I sanded it and gave it two coats of ultra 2 white glossy spray paint.  Now, onto making the quilt.




I still had a lot of punched out quilt pieces from the last one. While Mr. Thrifty was watching a football game, I pieced and glued the entire quilt before halftime occurred.










After a trip to Hobby Lobby to have the backing and hanger put on, I dropped off the frame for the upcoming auction.

This print could also be used as a dry erase board or a grocery list too.








No comments:

Post a Comment