Monday, May 6, 2019

MARY AND THE MONTH OF MAY 2019



In the Catholic Church, May is designated as the month of Mary.  I took photos of all of my Marian figures in the house.  It is no wonder I have this devotion to Mary.  She is such a model of motherhood and throughout the years, I feel that she has guided me when I have fallen short of my maternal inclinations.  That being said, each one of these statues hold special memories of Mary in my life.

This first concrete statue was one I refinished a year ago.  Originally, she was put into my upcycled shrine.



The next Madonna is placed in the shrine.  She is my latest acquisition.


This figurine stays in the china buffet.  I have used this piece in many of my Christmas decorations.


This statue/plaque is the exact same one that my Mom received as a wedding present.  It sat in our kitchen growing up.  I found the same plaque on eBay years ago and had to purchase it.  It is now in my kitchen.


This statue was a gift from Lourdes.  It stays in this terrarium in my bedroom.  I have my collection of rosaries and holy cards placed in there.  It is the first thing I see when I wake every morning.


I never realized until  writing this blog what an impact the Virgin Mary has had on my life.  She is the ultimate role model for me as a mother.  She has brought such comfort to me over the years.






















No comments:

Post a Comment