Wednesday, September 18, 2019

SOUTHERN FALL MANTLE 2019



Now that the  in the fireplace has been updated, it was time to put a simple, yet elegant décor on the mantle.


I wanted to stay with the subtle grey and white tones but also wanted to bring in a hint of regional flavor.


I believe this granite lidded box came from the old house in Peoria. 

 

I wanted to display my cotton branches in a large white pitcher.  For all the  staging items I have in my treasure trove, I didn't have this one.  Target sold it for less than $15.00.  To save on shipping, I shipped it to the store and picked it up.

The artichoke was one of my favorites.  It was gold and made of paper mache. It costs an entire .25 and I got it at Good Will.  I sponged painted chalk paint on it and distressed it.  Funny that I've seen comparable ones for $50.00 on line.  Which tells you that almost anything can be done on the cheap!

The  mirrored frame has been used on the coffee table and used on a dresser to hold vintage silver-plated brush, comb and mirror.   It is easily leaned up against the mantle mirror with a oval frame from Hobby Lobby that is made from MDF.   


This trivet was $1.00 at a thrift store.  Originally it was covered with a mustard glaze.  Some grey and white chalk paint revived it.  This piece added more texture to the mantle look.


I love it when the sun is streaming through the  window in the morning.


I am pleased with this look for the new update.  Fall is around the corner and adding a bit of pumpkins and maybe bats will be just what this mantle need.


This final image is an edited one from my phone.  I like the stark black and white coloring. 




No comments:

Post a Comment