Saturday, September 28, 2019

QUICK SUN-DRIED TOMATO PESTO SAUCE FOR BEEF RAVIOLI



I wanted to come up with a quick sauce to serve over a package of beef ravioli in the freezer.  I had some sun dried tomato pesto on hand that I found at Aldi's.  After making the recipe I found online, I tweaked it a bit and came up with a glorious sauce.  Here goes.













5 MINUTE SUN DRIED TOMATO PESTO SAUCE

Serves 4

6 Tablespoons of sun-dried tomato pesto
2 teaspoons garlic, minced
8 fresh basil leaves, sliced
1 c. heavy cream
2 T. butter, use at end
salt and pepper to taste
Parmesan, grated to be put over sauce at the end



1. Cook ravioli according to directions, drain.
2.  Add sun-dried tomato pesto and garlic to frying pan over low heat, stir, then add sliced basil leaves and cream.  Let it simmer 2 minutes.
3. Add 2 T. butter, one at a time into sauce before serving.
4. Add in drained ravioli and carefully toss, top with grated Parmesan





This pesto sauce costs $1.87 which is much cheaper than jar pesto at other grocery stores.  It is delicious.  I also use this pesto in my cream cheese, sour cream and sundried tomato dip for pretzels.



This sauce looks very diluted because in the original recipe, it called for 1/2 c. pasta water.   I will not use the pasta water in future recipes, as it diluted the sauce too much.




I will try this recipe again with my revisions.  

No comments:

Post a Comment