Monday, September 23, 2019

CHICKEN MARSALA

I had a lot of frozen chicken fillets in freezer packs, so I decided to make Chicken Marsala.
This is a family favorite.  This is a new, improved recipe and I think the prosciutto makes the difference.

The recipe follows:



The ingredients are assembled.


First slice your fresh mushrooms.



 Then, thinly slice the prosciutto.









I put in 2 Tablespoons of olive oil and butter to cook the fillets.  After I cook one batch, I repeat adding the oil and butter heating it up before I start cooking the next batch.

I know it seems like a lot of oil and butter, but it will give you amazing cooked dripping for your sauce.


Cook the chicken until golden brown. Remove from the pan and cover with foil while cooking the remaining batches of fillets.



As per the recipe, add your prosciutto, and then mushrooms.  Then add Marsala and let it cook down a bit.  Add chicken broth and heat through.  Make sure to turn your skillet down before adding whipping cream. 




I plated the chicken with rice pilaf.  The sauce is yummy and compliments the rice well.



This dish would be great for company.



No comments:

Post a Comment