Saturday, December 28, 2019

VBS 2019 IN THE BOOKS



Since it is year end, I wanted to share a few of the Church and School projects.  This posting will show you our VBS(Vacation Bible School) decorations and snacks that my team made. Our theme this year was ROAR.  Our decorating committee is headed up by one amazing woman.  I take charge in the kitchen and have an incredible team helping me make 225 snacks per day for the 5 day week. Sometimes I think I have more fun creating the snack ideas than actually making them.  Once we hit the kitchen that Monday morning, we are busy bees cranking out the snacks.  I try to create snacks with a theme.  This year was absolutely a blast.  ROAR!!!!



Our set decorator is a genius. All the animals are made from scratch. Most of them are dimensional.




 The gorilla was made from furry fabric.



The gorilla hands are made with men's leather gloves.



The elephant was majestic.  He was made out of paper maché. At the end of the week, each child won a ticket if they brought a canned good into VBS.  A raffle was held and one lucky person won the elephant. 


The tom tom drums were made out of 2 laundry baskets.



One of my favorite animals was the origami lion.



The kids walked into the Serengeti hallway.


 


Our set decorator works the most intricate details into her animals.



Elephant skin.  Look at the eye!



The base of the sitting giraffe is a paper copier box.




After our jungle tour, I'm sure you are hungry for snacks!


The first day we always make a snack mix because we have 2 hours to prepare.  Going with the theme of ROAR, animal crackers and gummy jungle animals were mixed in with mini marshmallows, cheese its, pretzel sticks and rice Chex.



Day 2 we made tiger tails.  This was a 2 step process.  We coated the large pretzel rods with orange white chocolate.  After drying, we melted dark chocolate and drizzled it over the pretzels.



I have a smaller team that helps me make 240 cupcakes 2 weeks before.  We freeze them for our cupcake day.  I made green frosting and added a animal cracker to the top of the cupcake. Of course, we have to have animal printed cupcake papers.  The kids LOVE frosting!




Day 4 we made chocolate pudding and added a vanilla wafer and a chocolate animal cracker to the top.



By Friday, we were pretty tired.  To reward my team, I purchased Little Debi zebra cakes to serve for the last day's snack.


All in all, the week went well. 




Next year, we are doing a train theme.  I have all my snacks planned but you will have to wait until next June to see the results.



No comments:

Post a Comment