Saturday, May 16, 2020

SPRING PLANTINGS 2020


I have a beautiful Gardening box(thank you Tara!) full of seeds, some dating back to 2000. 


 This year, I planted numerous varieties of the seeds. I had pink and purple larkspur from Grandma Ruth's perennial bed in Peoria. Coleus, pink thistle, primrose, Queen Anne's lace-I know you think it's a weed, but it makes a fabulous bouquet, and basil were planted in my cardboard egg cartons.

I purchased some Cherokee tomato seeds. They are an amazing tasting tomatoes-think BLT's. If you find a plant while out at your gardening store, pick them up.


 I have been collecting egg cartons all winter to use in my plantings.


I filled each hole with seed planting mix.




Once they were watered, I laid a piece of saran wrap over the cartons.

 In six days, the Cherokee tomato seeds began to sprout.
























No comments:

Post a Comment