Sunday, May 31, 2020

BOOM BOOM SHRIMP



I love Bang Bang Shrimp at Bonefish Grill.  While in Walmart the other day, I saw a Great Value Boom Boom Shrimp sauce.  I thought to myself, I could have Bang Bang Shrimp anytime.  I looked on the internet and found this recipe.  But, I simplified it.  You will not believe how awesome this recipe tastes.


Instead of making the sauce, I used the Boom Boom Sauce instead.  The important part of this recipe was in breading the shrimp.  I took the garlic and onion powder plus a little bit of white ground pepper and shook it in a ziplock bag.  Then, I added the cornstarch and shook the bag again.  Just remember, if you want to make more than 1 pound of shrimp, double your recipe of the dried spices and cornstarch.  I laid out parchment paper on a cookie sheet.  Then, I coated each of the shrimp in the ziplock bag spices and laid out the shrimp on the parchment.  This can be done ahead of time and it gives the shrimp time to absorb the coating.  However, your fridge will smell like garlic while the shrimp is cooling in it.  The smell went away quickly after removing the filled cookie sheet.

Also, a quick note, while frying your shrimp in a pan, do not overcrowd it.  You will be so surprised how tender and moist the cooked shrimp are which I believe is the cornstarch coating.



Drain the shrimp on paper towels and immediately place in a metal bowl. I squirt in 1-2 tablespoons of the Boom Boom sauce and carefully toss with a tongs until all the shrimp are coated.
Lay on a bed of romaine leaves.


Honestly, this recipe is so easy, I plan to have my own version of Bang Bang Shrimp often.
































No comments:

Post a Comment