Thursday, May 21, 2020

FRONT YARD PLANTINGS 2020



As I get ready to post this, I have already pulled up with pansies and starting to plant perennials instead. I did add some guineau impatience.
So back to the original post  


Last fall, I asked Mr. Thrifty to pull out bushes along the brick side of the garage.
The bushes were getting too big.  See the rounded bushes to the right.


I wash ready for a fresh look to the front bed.  I wanted bushes that were smaller and didn't need as much trimming.

This shows after the bushes were cleaned out.  I was also wanting more color in the bed.


The Mr. also moved the center hydrangea bush to the left of the left one you see in the picture.

Cut to early spring. The 3 hydrangea bushes are now separated.






 I added 2 Encore Autumn Mist azalea  bushes and 3 blush pink nandina bushes in front.  They will give me more color.


The winter pansies are still doing well.  Once the bushes fill in, I think it will create less work for me.


As the summer progresses, I will update you on the progress.





No comments:

Post a Comment