Wednesday, April 27, 2016

FINALS TRAIL MIX


It's hard to believe that my college daughter has almost completed her first year of college.  A few days back, I asked her what type of snacks she would like for studying for finals.  Last semester, I bought her some trail mix with chocolate covered expresso beans.  She asked if I could put some in her snack box for finals coming up in 2 weeks.

I searched online and found a recipe that was quite easy.

It started with expresso beans.  Because this was the most expensive items, I only purchased a half of a pound of the beans.


The other ingredients were one bag of salted almonds, a bag of banana chips, a bag each of dark chocolate chips and peanut butter chips.  The final ingredient was a jar of peanuts.


Toss all the ingredients into a bowl.  Trail mix completed.

Now all there was to do is to find a receptacle to easily transport it in.


The trail mix looked scrumptious.


I do realize that this is not a low calorie trail mix.  However, I think it will become a great snack studying late at night.


Let's get studying!

The results are in.  She loves the new trail mix.


No comments:

Post a Comment