Tuesday, June 20, 2017

CAP AND GOWN CENTERPIECE

I volunteered to help the high school with the Cap and Gown reception at the high school.  Because our budget was rather slim, I had to figure out a way to create a floral centerpiece to fit the occasion. 

I found the following pictures on the internet.  Since I was planning on using my silver plated champagne bucket, these pictures came up.






This picture didn't show a champagne bucket, but I thought this display would be fabulous at a wedding reception.




I started with using my wispy wreath to lay on top of the bucket. I was also going to use my beautiful cake stand.


This is what I had been keeping in the bucket until this event came up.


I was fortunate enough to know the floral decorator from our church.  I went with her to the flower warehouse to buy white hydrangeas for my centerpiece. 




Collecting dead twigs from a tree out back,  we secured them together and placed them inside the middle of the bucket to give some height.





The effect of a chilled champagne bucket was an added feature.


The food display was beautiful.







I brought the centerpiece home and displayed it on my foyer table.





An added filler known as trick was placed in the area between the hydrangeas.











Using my Waterlogue app, I used the above picture to create a new image.


I enjoyed the centerpiece until the flowers wilted.




No comments:

Post a Comment