Monday, June 5, 2017

MOTHER'S DAY GIFT AND DISPLAY





My requests for Mother's Day gifts are usually a bit different than most moms.  This year, I purchased at the Vintage Market a fabulous window taken out of a Memphis mansion.












I fell in love with this treasure instantly--and I had a place for it in the house.












Its gray chippy surfaces and rod iron decorations spoke to me.
















Now, we just need to find a way to hang it on the wall--it is sooooo heavy!








Lovin this.........







The rusty handle spoke to me.  How many different people actually opened  this window over the years?




The iron encased in the window is very unique.



Some of the glass inserts are still visible in the window.  I want  to keep them.






The plan is to hang this window in between the two dining room windows. I believe this architectural piece will fit in beautifully with the newly stenciled accent wall in the room. 


The window is extremely heavy.  Mr. Thrifty asked me how I got it into the house.  It's one of those things.  If I really want to do something, somehow my strength steels me.





It is so hard to photograph the vintage window because of the sunlight always coming in the room.




After  Mr. Thrifty routed a channel in the back of the window, it was hung.  Even he couldn't believe how heavy the window was.  He screwed one screw into a stud and the other, he nailed the second nail into a molly bolt to make sure that the window would not come crashing down. 


I love my new(old) architectural piece!  It is fun to add something old into a newer home.




















































No comments:

Post a Comment