Thursday, August 17, 2017

EASY GRILLED AUGUST DINNER



After buying fresh peaches from the Farmer's Market, I decided to keep the house cool and cook my entire meal outside.  This was an easy summer meal.


I found a quick dessert online using Bobby Flay's grilled peaches.  After making a mixture of 1 stick of butter, 1 tsp. of cinnamon sugar and 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar, I set this aside.



 Meanwhile, I took my shucked corn and sprayed the ears with Pam.  I then took skinless, boneless chicken thighs, salt and peppered them and baked them in a 350 degree oven for 25 minutes.

Now, I was ready to grill the meal. I placed the thighs on the grill on medium heat, lathered a light layer of bbq sauce and let them cook.

I then took the corn and laid them on the back of the other  side of the grill.

I then sprayed the peaches with Pam and after cutting them in two and cleaning out the pits, laid them open side down on the grill.  I gave them about 10 minutes and turned them 180 degrees to make the cross grilled marks.

Once I took the peaches off the grill, I took a spoonful of the butter mixture and loaded up the center.  Vanilla ice cream would be a great addition to the peaches.


Previously I had taken a Costco kale salad mix and mixed all the ingredients together and placed it back in the fridge.


Here is the full meal.  All of it was delicious and quite colorful.  There is going to be good eating tonight.


One more note... the peaches and cream bars were fabulous!









No comments:

Post a Comment