Thursday, August 10, 2017

SCHOOL DAZE 2017




I can't believe that this will be the last year that I will be sending one of my daughters off to school--at least from home!  This has always been a rite of passage to take their pictures on the first day of school.  I think this year the emotions will be riding higher.  The last year!!!

The first days of school also bring back my days as a teacher.  Hard to believe that 20 years has gone by since I semi-retired.

Back to the foyer ...always vintage is best for me anyway.  A chalkboard, crayons in a wooden pencil box....

 Vintage books...I don't think they even teach shorthand anymore...brand new pieces of white chalk...
 And of course...the American flag because that is the reason we are still here.  Patriotism still lives across the fruited plain.  These colored pencils my oldest daughter used in kindergarten and she is turning 20 years old soon.  She immediately recognized them when I was setting up this display.


 


Here is to a wonderful school year!  By the way, school started here on August 7th.



No comments:

Post a Comment