Monday, October 30, 2017

HALLOWEEN BIRTHDAY CARDS 2017

Two dear friends have their birthdays around Halloween so I try to bounce off that theme to create a personal card for each of them.

I found the monogram on thecottagemarket.com blog.  She seems to whip up the most amazing seasonal and clever monograms.

I started with a background of a vintage book that held ragged and yellowed pages.  Using wasi tape from my sister Terri's collection,I added a punch of color.  I cut out the monogram and placed it on the book page.  Because I love everything glitter, I added black glitter to the bat--a subtle touch.

To create a bit more interest, I had a Halloween scrapbook sheet about all things spooky.  I cut a swath off and glued it on the outside and wrapped it around the inside.

The last added feature was a poem about autumn found on the Internet.  Adding different colors of font perk up the page.

As the spooky night draws near, I hope that they will enjoy their birthdays wishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment