Tuesday, February 20, 2018

PAPER QUILT BARNWOOD STYLE ANNUAL BIRTHDAY CARD 2018

I was interested in doing a new updated paper quilt that I could frame.  I came across this scrapbook paper book called Barn wood Pretty. I used my Hobby Lobby 40% coupon on the book, so it ended up being around about $12.00 for the book.  I loved the idea of meshing(?) barn wood with spring colors.  A white frame would look stunning. 

Before I started, I wanted to see a smaller version to see if it was easy to put together. 

I bought a stencil cutter that had a 6 sided shape.  It reminded me of the fabric quilts that I had seen.


I began cutting a shape out of multiple pages in the book.  In no time, I had a paper quilted card.
























I was happy with the random design. 












Using my sister Terri's punch, I punched Happy Birthday out of another sheet of scrapbook paper. Thanks again Terri.
















I think that I'm going to make a full paper quilt and frame it for another auction at the school next year.  This will be another blog.







No comments:

Post a Comment