Friday, October 4, 2019

VINTAGE PLANTER REMOTE HOLDER


Years back, I up cycled an old sewing machine drawer to use as a remote holder on the coffee table.


 As much as I liked the holder, it just wasn’t fitting in to my newer streamlined décor.

Then, I found an idea online.  Why not use a vintage planter to hold the remotes?


You might recall this past upcycling project.  I bought this at a road side sale for $1.00  I'm not sure why I was drawn to it, but I bought it.



I posted a blog on March 8, 2018 on the upcycling project.  I loved the outcome.



Unfortunately, since the planter didn't have drainage holes, the plant withered and died.  I pulled out the plant and stuck the planter in the garage.

While on Pinterest looking up velvet pumpkins, I spied a great idea.  Why not use my vintage planter for a remote holder? Using chalk paint and silver gilding wax brought this planter into the modern era.




I cleaned out the old soil, a good wash and drying and voila— a remote holder that fits much better on the coffee table.


























































Sometimes it is the easiest fix that is the most satisfying.
























No comments:

Post a Comment