Tuesday, July 17, 2018

COOL GAZPACHO FOR A HOT SUMMER'S DAY


We have had some really hot, muggy days here in the south.  With luscious, red tomatoes coming to the farmer's market, there is one refreshing cold soup that is a must for these humid days.

I can't recall where I originally got this recipe, but I think I could make money on this recipe.

Let's get started.

This recipe makes almost a gallon of chunky gazpacho.  This morning, I made a half of a batch.  This recipe easily can be divided.  I have 2 quarts chilling in the fridge and I can't wait to have a cup.



GAZPACHO(MAKES ONE GALLON)


1 cucumber, peeled and diced-remember to remove most of the seeds
5 green onions, sliced thinly
2 stalks celery, diced
2 ripe avocadoes-puree one and dice the other
1 large tomato, diced
1 bell pepper, diced
6 T. olive oil
4 T. red wine vinegar
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. sugar
7 c. bloody Mary mix
1 can V8 juice(11.5 fluid ounces
juice of 4 limes or 8 T. lime juice
sour cream, for garnish

Put all of your diced veggies in a large bowl and then add all liquids and salt and sugar.

Place in the fridge and wait until chilled.

Amazing!!!!

*Remember- this recipe can be cut in half.






No comments:

Post a Comment