Tuesday, May 5, 2015

CONFIRMATION CARDS

 One of my favorite 'therapy' activities is making cards.  Today I would like to show you some of the Confirmation cards I have made.
 
In the Catholic faith, Confirmation is one of our Sacraments.

In Alabama, the students go to a one night a week session for their entire 8th grade year for instruction.  The instructor here has actually published the book that she uses in the Confirmation class.  When my girls completed the class, they were given a hardback copy of the class lessons.  Since it teaches the basic tenets of the Catholic faith, it is an amazing reference material for both adults and children.

Confirmation (Catholic Church) 

 Wikipedia
 
Confirmation is one of the seven sacraments through which Catholics pass in the process
 of their religious upbringing. According to Catholic doctrine, in this sacrament they are sealed
with the gift of the Holy Spirit and are strengthened in their Christian life.


The last few years I have been able to make Confirmation cards for my daughters and friends.  I thought I would share a sampling with you today.




I really like to find vintage images of Confirmation on the Internet. 
 
 
 This year I found this beautiful poem for them that I printed for the insert
 
 
This day you have received the Sacrament of Confirmation.

You have  been fully initiated into the Roman Catholic Church.

A seal has  been placed on your soul that can never be removed.

You are forever marked as a follower of Christ.  You must now

 make a choice.  When it becomes hard to practice the faith, when

you feel too busy to go to Mass, when someone asks you to do

something wrong, when you do not want to follow the ways of the

Church, when you are worried what people think, when you doubt

that God is there, what will you do?  May you choose  Christ in these

moments, as you did today at your Confirmation.  May you call upon

the gifts of the Holy Spirit that were poured out on you today, throughout

your  journey of faith.  Be bold, be faithful, be Catholic.  
         
     Coreen Wagenbach
 
 
Since this Sacrament is such a special time in a teenagers life, I think it is important to send them a card  for a memory keepsake.       
 


No comments:

Post a Comment