Saturday, October 20, 2018

LORA'S GOULASH

There is something to be said about comfort food.  This recipe was requested by a dear friend.  Thirty years ago, I babysat for a family while they traveled internationally.  I was blessed to watch over 4 beautiful children.  I made this dish one night and it was the only thing that they enjoyed eating from then on.  So, every time I would babysit, I would whip up a batch of this wonderful goulash.

Here is the recipe, but I will go through the steps to make it.


Ingredients


Cut up the Trinity(celery, onions and green peppers)


Sorry, but I forgot the Lawry's seasoned salt.


Cook up your ground beef half way and...


 then add the Trinity.


In the final two minutes, add the freshly sliced mushrooms.


Once the ground beef mixture is cooked, drain and add the remaining ingredients.


Cook your farfalle pasta, drain and add to the meat mixture.


Place into a greased casserole pan. Refrigerate until baking.  This can be made a day ahead of time.


I think it cooks better if the casserole is covered with foil.

Everyone will love this comfort dish!  Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment