Wednesday, November 14, 2018

CHINA MOSAIC VINTAGE MIRROR


Time for another handcrafted auction project.

While delivering Meals on Wheels months ago, my partner spied a mirror thrown in a garbage heap on the curb.  The mirror was in perfect condition.


The frame had some imperfections and since I was going to paint it, I filled the holes with spackling paste.  It dried overnight. 





Before priming, I sanded the entire frame, then primed and painted  it.

The actual cutting and placing the mosaics took about 8 hours.



                                      Once glued, the frame dried for 2 days.





I grouted the entire frame following the directions of the grout box.  I then let it dry for 2 more days.


The mirror is placed back in the frame. Closing the back up and adding hangers finishes this project up.




I hope this item brings in a lot of money at the auction!

No comments:

Post a Comment