Tuesday, November 27, 2018

ADVENT 'WREATH' 2018









I am excited to share one of my latest finds junquing in VA while visiting a dear friend.  I paid $17.00 for what appeared to be a raised serving tray.  A sterno cover was also with the serving piece.
When it arrived to my home, I noticed that a leg and cross piece had fallen off.  The price was right because someone had tried to solder them back on.  The solder did not hold.  Mr. Thrifty to the rescue.  He got his epoxy glue out and put it back together.






So now, I can share my unique Advent 'wreath' for 2018'

I picked 4 different glass candle holders out of my cabinet.  They had varying heights to them.


I picked up a set of Advent candles at Hobby Lobby for the low, low price of $3.00.



I was happy with the 'wreath', but something was missing.










I headed up to my Christmas decorations and pulled out a crystal laden garland and 4 crystal picks.
In no time, the 'wreath' was now a spectacular display to remind us of our preparation for the Christ Child.






  On December 2nd, we will light the first purple candle for the first week of the Advent Season.








No comments:

Post a Comment